#Cure4Cam Together Challenge
YES, we have gone VIRTUAL! Although our annual “in-person” Moonlight 5K has been canceled for this year, we have jumped on the virtual bandwagon to still give you the opportunity to help give kids with cancer a fighting chance!
None of us imagined 2020 would be marked forever as a “year of a pandemic”. None of us planned on staying at home and facing challenges as individuals, families, and communities. But we are in this together, helping each other get through this time… Similarly, none of us “plan” on getting cancer…especially kids…and childhood cancer has not gone away. The need for ongoing research into less toxic treatments and cures is still needed and we, the Cure4Cam Childhood Cancer Foundation, still want to be able to help kids find ways to “get through” a cancer diagnosis. Here’s how this is going to work…
- REGISTER Choose your favorite activity! (And yes, you may form teams, but please keep social distancing guidelines in mind if you are together!) You may opt to run a 5K or (do a) walk, hike, bike ride …or some other physical activity (elliptical, kayaking, swimming. etc.) CURE4CAM STRAVA CLUB LINKS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED (If you don’t know what Strava is, check it out and decide for yourself!)
- EVENT DATE Your “event” will take place at a time and location of your choice anytime on Saturday, June 27 through Sunday, July 5, 2020.
- HOW MUCH IS THIS GOING TO COST? In order to be respectful of people’s varied financial situations during this challenging time, the entry fee has been set at $0. However, as this IS a fundraiser to help support childhood cancer research, we need to actually raise funds…so you will be prompted to set up a “fundraiser” and YOU get to be the very first to donate! We appreciate anything you can give and encourage you to “share” your fundraiser by social media, email, etc. for an even bigger impact. EVERY DOLLAR HELPS!
- DO I HAVE TO DO THIS VIRTUAL EVENT BY MYSELF? Noooooo! Did we mention we love to share? Share, share, share! Let people know you will be cranking out this event, invite them to join you (virtually or within recommended social distancing guidelines), and/or invite them to boost your fundraiser! All donations received will go to help fund childhood cancer research!
- RESULTS? (Besides feeling great about helping to try to find gentler treatments and cures for childhood cancer you mean?) Once you have completed your favorite activity, which you can do anytime/anywhere between Sat 6/27 and Sunday 7/5, you have the option of uploading your results to RunSignUp. You can go to the “Results” tab on the registration website or opt to receive a text/email with a link. Please note that this is on the honor system. There will be no “best of show” type prizes, but participants fundraising more than $100 will be entered in a random drawing for some special Cure4Cam gear!
- WHAT’S THAT YOU SAY? WHAT ABOUT A T-SHIRT? We have a very special T designed for this special 2020 event!! In order to keep event costs down, manage the logistics of T-shirt distribution, etc., the shirt (actually, we are excited to report that there are several different styles and colors!), we are directing those interested in this commemorative shirt to the following link: https://www.bonfire.com/cure4cam-together/
- ANYTHING ELSE? Finally, make sure to HAVE FUN and know you ARE helping to make a difference in the life of a child with cancer! Be creative! And if activity isn’t your thing, you can still donate to the cause through the “donate” button on the top of the page!
- OH, YEAH... We miss seeing everyone at our events, but we’d love to see photos of you all as you “participate”! Tag us on social media! #cure4cam